Sign in to follow this  
ssmassey

Fast 90mm Achro refractor OTA

Hi all

In case anyone is interested I'm selling a neat little achro OTA

SPECS:

90mm X 500mm f/5.5 - multi-coated objective

Single Speed Crayford Focuser with tension and focus lock knobs. Fully rotatable focus assembly.Retractable Dew Shield. Tripod ready base. Includes 1.25 inch diagonal, padded canvas carry bag with shoulder strap. Can be fitted with Sky-Watcher 90mm tube rings. Perfect as a lightweight guide scope or compact grab'n'go. Used only a few times for testing - a few minor scuff marks on mounting plate.

Price $150.00 plus postage

Cheers

Steve

Steve I might be interested in this as a guidescope. I will let you know tomorrow afternoon, I just want to check something out first.

Thanks

Ray

Hi all

In case anyone is interested I'm selling a neat little achro OTA

SPECS:

90mm X 500mm f/5.5 - multi-coated objective

Single Speed Crayford Focuser with tension and focus lock knobs. Fully rotatable focus assembly.Retractable Dew Shield. Tripod ready base. Includes 1.25 inch diagonal, padded canvas carry bag with shoulder strap. Can be fitted with Sky-Watcher 90mm tube rings. Perfect as a lightweight guide scope or compact grab'n'go. Used only a few times for testing - a few minor scuff marks on mounting plate.

Price $150.00 plus postage

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

If Ray doesn't take it, I would be interested. I'm in Brisbane, where are you?

Mike

Hi Mike,

If you are in Brisbane I am happy for you to take it. I'm in Perth and will try and find something that doesn't require postage. Otherwise if you don't take it I'll probably grab it (just need to check my local astronomy shop first).

Ray

Hi Mike,

If you are in Brisbane I am happy for you to take it. I'm in Perth and will try and find something that doesn't require postage. Otherwise if you don't take it I'll probably grab it (just need to check my local astronomy shop first).

Ray

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the info and offer.

I'll wait for a reply from steve and see how we go.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Guys

Yep I'm north of Brissy on the Fraser coast.. postage / courier would be only about $17.00 - Perth might not be that much more if I can get it into the right box or one of those new super sized mail bags.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Guys

Yep I'm north of Brissy on the Fraser coast.. postage / courier would be only about $17.00 - Perth might not be that much more if I can get it into the right box or one of those new super sized mail bags.

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

Since I would need to have it sent by courier as well, I'll give Ray first option, but if not, I'll take it.

Cheers,

Mike

Go for it Mike. My local astroshop in Perth (the only astro shop in Perth) has a Skywatcher lying around. I'm going to pick that up.

Thanks Steve.

Ray

Go for it Mike. My local astroshop in Perth (the only astro shop in Perth) has a Skywatcher lying around. I'm going to pick that up.

Thanks Steve.

Ray

Thanks Ray,

I'll contact Steve and organise things.

Sounds like your choice of astro shops there is very easy to choose :)

Just FYI, and my apologies for teaching grandma to suck eggs, but make sure you check the Skywatcher. I have a very good SW BD ED100 refractor, and it's quite good for a rank amateur like me.

I also bought an el cheapo SW 70/500 refractor for $99 to use as a guide scope. While it's not too bad, the rack and pinion focuser lets it down, even with an electric drive. There's too much image shift when fine focussing and despite some TLC on the focuser, it just won't go away. That's the reason for the change to a Crayford-equipped one, plus the extra 20mm aperture should make it a bit more sensitive with the QHY5.

Anyway, thanks for the reply Ray, and good luck with your scope search too.

Mike

Just FYI, and my apologies for teaching grandma to suck eggs, but make sure you check the Skywatcher. I have a very good SW BD ED100 refractor, and it's quite good for a rank amateur like me.

I also bought an el cheapo SW 70/500 refractor for $99 to use as a guide scope. While it's not too bad, the rack and pinion focuser lets it down, even with an electric drive. There's too much image shift

This is exactly what happened to me Mike. I had a 100mm skywatcher, butchered it for a PST mod, picked up a 70 / 500 sw for a guidescope but it is too flimsy to guide with, so I'm looking for something a little heavier.

Hope the scope works out for you.

Ray