Sign in to follow this  
Paramount

M82 in HaRGB

Hi all

I have finally managed to get out and do some imaging for the first time since mid February. It was also a chance to try out the H9 camera and 7 position FLI filter wheel which I got over a month ago. The image is of M82 using HaRGB with 20x5 minutes for Ha and 20x2 minutes each for RGB all unguided. Although the sky was clear I had to contend with a half moon all night as well as my neighbours bedroom light and the seeing conditions were fairly bad. Anyway, enough of the excuses, I am just glad to be able to do some imaging again. Thanks for looking, further details on equipment used is on my site http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk

Best wishes

Gordon

M82.jpg

Man that is one funky looking galaxy, cool shot. Your experience gives me hope to get out there myself as it's also been a while for me to. I also got my eye on some Ursa Major targets and the trio. I've yet to shoot a galaxy and hope it turns out half as well as yours did. Nice piece.

Cheers.

Great shot of a galaxy mate.:bow::bow::bow:

Ursa Major targets and the trio.

Is Ursa Major anywhere near Ursa Coronarus Saj? :biggrin:

Ray

Great shot of a galaxy mate.:bow::bow::bow:

Is Ursa Major anywhere near Ursa Coronarus Saj? :biggrin:

Ray

Unfortunately i wasn't scratching my head about that one (shame on me) but i'm thinking it was more like an Ursa Errornarus.:hmm:

Hi

When I had a look at this image on a different computer and monitor there was a gradient that was evident that I couldn't see on mine so I have tweaked the image a bit to remove most of the gradient and also done some mild sharpening and small adjustments of the curves to extract a little more detail. Thanks for looking again.

Best wishes

Gordon

M82repro.jpg

Not like any improvement was needed in the first place but the adjustments sure made the difference. I usually make it a habit to check my images (astro or otherwise) on my screen at work to make sure things appear the way i think they do.

I think the accentuated contrast has really helped your second image a lot. Nice work.

Cheers.