Sign in to follow this  
el_draco

Meade lx200 12 inch sct with gps, uhtc and smart drive

Hi Rom,

If you do split the system up, keep us posted on what the OTA alone would sell for please.

Thanks

Ray

Sure thing. Regret selling it, but such is life. Been having fantasies about cutting down the tripod, fixing the drives and mounting a widefield camera on the mount... I need a life...:crazy

Hi Rom , if you do split it up and radar gets the OTA ,i might be interested in the mount and microfocuser.

Was toying with the idea of putting my 12in lx90 OTA in your lx2oo mount if its possible.

Will have to investigate if it can be done.

Keep us all posted.

Clear Skies

Patrick

I had not heard of Hyperstar until now but I checked out his link: http://starizona.com/acb/hyperstar/meade.aspx and there is a picture of the secondary housings tht can be modified. The image on this posting indicated that the Meade LX200 12inch is NOT compatible in its current form. Further reading indicates that there is a kit available for some meade LX scope (10 and 14 inch) but not yet for the 12 inch. A significant rebuild is required in any event. Rom

Thanks for that link Rom. First time I've seen hyperstar on a Meade. That really opens up a can of worms for me. I'm going to do some serious research into this product.

Cheers

Ray