Sign in to follow this  
stevec

New Image: NGC 2467

Hi to all

This image is my first astronomical venture for a while other than catching up on reading magazines over Christmas. NGC 2467 is a bright emission nebula in Puppis with lots of surrounding faint stuff. The seeing was pretty bad a lot of the time and I may go back and reshoot some of the data when the moon goes away again.

Hope you like it.

Steve

http://members.pcug.org.au/~stevec/ngc2467_STL11K_RC.htm

Beautiful shot Steve,

That is a beautiful region. Lot's of colour in that area...looks like you've covered the faint parts well in that image, the ST11 does a very good job.

Cheers, Tim:smile:

Amazing shot mate. I didn't even know that object existed. How do you decide how long to shoot through each filter?

Pete

Thanks guys. With respect to exposure length through each filter, the Astrodons are designed so that you can shoot the same exposure through each filter so that's what I usually do. In this case the condidtions were often so bad that I had to throw away some of the subexposures so I wound up with unequal RGB exposures.

In general I shoot 60-120 minutes of each colour with the RC at F9. Of course if I binned my colour exposures I could get away with much less.

Cheers

Steve

Awesome Steve. Looks like a planetary in there as well. Nice guiding for F9 as well. How does the guiding chip do with the Ha filter on?

Ray

Thanks Radar. Actually the image has some imperfections but the guiding seems pretty good. The Ha filter has no effect because I use an off axis guider (Astrodon MOAG).

Cheers

Steve