Sign in to follow this  
quauzzie2

Fast 8" deep sky scope for sale

Southern Cross 200mm f/4 Deep Sky Telescope and tripod with electronic control via paddle - both axis. SALE PRICE $450.00 PLUS SHIPPING.SORRY, ITEM SOLD..

Includes 25mm & 9mm super plossl EPs plus Orion Laser Colimator. Well-figured Pyrex Primary and Secondary optics and Stable Rack & Pinion focuser have been repositioned in tube to give excellent images when well colimated with only minor periferal coma compared to usual f/4 'scope. (A coma corrector is only necessary if wanting total clear field). AST&T review gave this deep sky scope a good thumbs up.

Have enjoyed several years of great deep sky viewing with this scope and am only selling now because am building a 22" f/3.6.

Will gladly answer any questions re this great 8" scope & email pics if requested

Hi Pete, Yeah! but I do have a month or two to go before Steve Kennedy has my mirror figured and ready for coating, then comes the Auzzie Customs saga !!! A slight difference from the Southern Cross 8" f/4, but I will really miss the 8" when it sells as it is soooo easy to set up and gives such great images of deep sky stuff - even planets and moon OK too if one doesn't try and force it to do what an f/10 or greater is meant to do.