Sign in to follow this  
centroid

Hey!, what happened

I travel over 10,000 miles from UK to WA, and arrive to find it pouring of rain and a cool 17C. :frown:

I could have stayed home and got that.:wink:

Still, am here for the next five weeks, so hopfully its going to warm up, and produce some clear skies.:smile:

Dave

Hi there Dave, my word has it been 12 months already:eek:

Great to here your over here again mate:woot:

Its a bit short notice but there is an astro-club meeting tommorow and its at the perth planetarium. Can you fit it in? the show was a cracker the last time we all went.

It would be excellent to meet up again:biggrin::biggrin:

All the very best mate......

Tony.......

Welcome to Perth Dave. We have had some crappy weather lately, but I think it's warming up this week, so you should be good to go. :wink:

Ray

Yep, its getting better already Ray:smile:

Last night was pretty clear, and Jupiter is really well placed down here. In UK this year, its very low in the South..

Only problem now, is that we're heading towards a full Moon, which will 'wash' out the sky for while. Still, that will be long gone before I head back home.

Dave

...We have had some crappy weather lately' date=' but I think it's warming up this week, so you should be good to go...[/quote']

I sure hope it's going to warm up. I think winter is part the reason my astronomy interest is seriously wavering. My astronomy activity has gone to about 3 uses of the observatory in 3 months, and forum involvement to negative. Warm nights would help I think! Clear sky too, but I think there's been a bit of that in the last 3 months so can't use it as my excuse.

Sounds like you need a 'warmroom' Roger:wink:

Didn't take me too long to add one to my obsy, but then I've gone soft with age. :smile:

Dave

Hmm... I have one actually, nicely insulated and all. Better yet, I often do my observing from inside the house on the couch! (wonders of wireless network & automation). BUT for some reason I'm still deterred by the winter chill .... perhaps it's not that after all? .. :confused:

I think all of our interests go through periods, of lacking enthusiasm, and then 'kick into gear' again.

I love freshwater fishing, and have done for goodness knows how many years, but for some unexplicable reason, I have'nt had the rods out for the last two years.:confused:

Dave

Its certainly is Del :smile:

Hope is stays this way or better, for the next 5 weeks:wink:

Just heard that is cool and wet back home:biggrin:

Dave