Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Pete

Any body like a remote scope freebee?

G'day :)

I was wondering if any of the members here at MyAstroSpace would like to come play on the new

GRAS-013 telescope at Moorook South Australia? If its cloudy at home give it a go :)

You'll be using a Takahashi Sky90 on PME with SBIG ST-2000XMC colour camera.

We have a new feature called "One Click" imaging, we'd like to test before release, and you guys

can be amongst be first to try if you like. Only take 10min of your time. And I'd very much

like to hear your thoughts too.

All you need is your internet browser and something to view the file.

The GRAS InfoCenter link is supplied with your

login details.

Do let me know with a private message if you prefer or just reply to

this post anytime in the next week or so guys..and thanks ahead of

time too.

Pete

Count me in Pete mate. Sounds like a great idea.

Would be realy cool and probably my only chance to have a go with proper equipment:biggrin:

Where do i sign up .......:woot:

Tony...........

GRAS13 come to life. Testing starts.

G'day group :)

The response to our call for Betatesters has been great from lots of you here, I thank you MAS! :)

But we still have room for more from our MAS. So i am going to be a bit reckless and just post the Beta Registration URL here. Usually I send this only to Listed Testers.

The G13 scope will be activated this weekend with luck. The weather has been bad the past week or so. Please feel free to knock some dust off the telescopes and have some fun. Tell us how it went. Be Honest. Its a Test after all.

How about an hour of testing on the G13 machine and some instant snaps form South Australia? :)

If you feel like a go and join many fellow members just fill out and check your email inbox.

http://gis.global-rent-a-scope.com/Register/register.aspx

Have fun and clear skies. Thanks MAS. Ray :)

Pete

Pete:

seems like you don't get a FITS file but a jpg?at least that's what I got at 800x 600 -and pretty compressed too 170 KB-my usual image files from my QHY 8 are 30 mega bytes or so-(16 bit tiffs)..but of course this may be only be for the beta testers, in which case no prob

and as I have said one click is fine but if I want to image, say Cederblad 122, its a bit hard ? so you may want to give the paying punters the opportunity to enter in RA /DEc as before ..though the one click is pretty cool for beginners I'd say

still its really cool to be able to image without having to move all the gear to the backyard manually :) :) :)

Narayan

let me add something that blew my socks off-the sub arc second guiding.

I'm happy with my own low end gear to get a a couple of arc seconds plus or minus -your system was delivering a fraction of an arc second... brilliant

Interesting feedback Narayan. I'll have to take a look at this.

Ray