Sign in to follow this  
Paramount

Partial California nebula with 15 minute unguided subframes

Hi all

The weather has been a bit hit and miss again, I wanted to try and push the Paramount a bit further tonight so I had a go at the California nebula with Ha filter and I used 15 minute unguided subframes, unfortunately it was already low in the sky and I only managed 4 frames before somebody's roof got in the way. I used simple autodark subtraction in Maxim DL and the only processing used was increasing local contrast using Noel's tools in CS2, no levels or curves were used. Couldn't do any more imaging as the clouds came in again while I was getting the next object framed. I wish I could get a whole clear night for a change, ah well I suppose we have to be grateful for small mercies. A better quality image is on my site http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk

Kind regards

Gordon

:smile:

CaliforniaHa.jpg

Nice work Gordon. Doesn't look like that roof caused too much trouble.

Where abouts in the U.K are you imaging from?

Ray

Hi Ray

Nice work Gordon. Doesn't look like that roof caused too much trouble.

Where abouts in the U.K are you imaging from?

Ray

The roof appeared in the 5th subframe so that was the end of the imaging run. I live in Hereford which is close to the Welsh border. Hereford is a relatively small city and I live on the edge of town, Light pollution is a bit of a problem because on three sides I have neighbours, 2 of which have outdoor security lights which keep coming on during the night and on the other side there is a street light on the other side of my neighbours garden, this is why my preference is emission line as the light pollution is cancelled out as well as moonlight. I have got a filter wheel on the way so at some point I will be trying my hand at colour emission line.

Best wishes

Gordon

:smile:

Very nice Gordon :woot: :woot:

Light pollution is a bit of a problem because on three sides I have neighbours, 2 of which have outdoor security lights which keep coming on during the night
Know the feeling!!! I have the same problem and a big field behind that Rugby n Football players use to practice at night on with FLOODLIGHTS:frown: To add to all that i have a street light right outside my house that glows very nicely into my backgarden n not forgetting LP from London :ahh!:

Yes light pollution is a real pain but with a Ha filter it just disappears, I think everybody should have one in their kit, it certainly increases the amount of nights you can image on even when there is a full moon and the detail it brings out is incredible

Best wishes

Gordon

I live in Hereford which is close to the Welsh border. Hereford is a relatively small city and I live on the edge of town' date=' [/quote']

is this the Hereford referred to in My Fair Lady

"In Hartford Hereford and Hampshire, hurricanes hardly ever happen..."

sorry couldnt resist :smile: