Thought I'd just say "Hi" to you all before I start posting on the Forum.

I'm a relative new comer to Astronomy. Buying my first scope off Ebay 4 years ago. Even though it was wobbly and had plastic oculars it was good enough to get me well and truely hooked.

I like to dabble in Astrophotography though I'm not very good at it.

Cheers,

Astrogirl

Welcome to the site AstroGirl, what kind of astrophotogrpahy have you dabbled in so far?

Ray

Welcome to the site AstroGirl :woot: :woot:

Well the best info i can give you is to seek out your local astronomy club or society.

They will be able to show you all the various tricks of the trade , and are always a nice bunch!!

Im with Radar on this, what area's have you dabbled into so far , and post up some pics if you can ....we have whats called "Constructive Critisim" here, people will only try to help you out..dont be shy!

Clear Skies

Patrick

Well, I started off by using my Panasonic DV camera afocal handheld to capture some .avi's of Joop and Saturn. They turned out pretty good really.

Then I saved up some money and bought myself a Canon S3IS. The closest thing I could get to a DSLR for the money I had. Again I use that Afocal to capture the Moon and capture .avis of the planets. I also tripod mount it and take widefields. A couple of months ago I uploaded a mod for the camera that allows me to take up to 65sec exposures and also shoot in .raw, I'm still exploring the potential there.

I also have a Gstar-Ex. At first I was using it with the Dob, then a kind person gave me a 16 - 100 c-mount lens to use with it. WOW, that was fantastic. Now I use the Gstar with my latest purchase, the Ioptron Cube with the little E-R 80 refractor. What a difference tracking has made!! Eventually I'll buy the EQ upgrade for it and then I'll finally be able to get serious.

I'll post some images soon.

Welcome Aboard Astrogirl:smile:

Great bunch of people here, very friendly and helpful. Anything you need to know just ask and i'm sure one of these strapping 'young' men here will be more than happy to help:biggrin:

I'd love to see some of your pics you've taken, post them up if you can!

Welcome Astrogirl,

Im fairly new here as well and i can vouch for everything said above. Everybody here is very helpful and respectful. This forum is a good sharing environment, though i haven't been sharing much myself lately. I'll be interested in seeing what kind of images you have as we are both beginers.

Cheers,

Saj.

Welcome Aboard Astrogirl:smile:

Great bunch of people here, very friendly and helpful. Anything you need to know just ask and i'm sure one of these strapping 'young' men here will be more than happy to help:biggrin:

I'd love to see some of your pics you've taken, post them up if you can!

are you pokin fun at me little legs???

Hi there,

Sounds like you know what your about! You'll learn heaps of these guys and Ray will always ask you questions about images. He's the life of the party!

mike:crazy:

Sounds like you know what your about! You'll learn heaps of these guys and Ray will always ask you questions about images. He's the life of the party!

mike:crazy:

Woohoo! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

lol