Sign in to follow this  
hpcoolahan

Finally a night in the obs

Well i finally got a night of observing in the obs , and here are some of the results.

All are with the DSI-2pro at f3.3 on the 12 in lx90.

Also i took a pic of comet Tuttle 8p again and it still looks like the core has split.

Thanks for looking

Clear skies

Patrick

Awesome work mate. Those images are very crisp. I can't wait to get my obs up and running, and get the dsi pro 2 doing some stuff.

What is that photo where there are two galaxies?

Cheers

Ray

Howdy HP, Very nice crisp, clean images...:bow:

10cm/four inches of snow here last night, it'll still be a while yet before I can image anything:crazy: Glad you got a clear sky for a change.

Yep, I think your right, there does appear to be two bright core's on 8p. I wonder if anybody else knows this?

What is that photo where there are two galaxies?

Cheers

Ray

Thanks Radar, i was just greatfull to be in the obs for a change.

If you hover on the pics before you open it, it will tell you what they are named..

it goes....horsehead...2 of the leo trio group...ngc4565....southern pinwheel....Tuttle 8p........m61 swelling spiral galaxy.

I cant wait for you to get in the new obs too, havent seen any images from you in ages mate.lol

Cheers Pat

Howdy yourself Tim,

A little snow should'nt stop you , get that snow filter out!!:biggrin:

"Yep, I think your right, there does appear to be two bright core's on 8p. I wonder if anybody else knows this?"

Well thats my next search, where to let somebody know, and how to notify them....i might be the first to have seen it , you never know...lol

hope you get some clearskies soon too!!

Cheers

Pat

Well thats my next search, where to let somebody know, and how to notify them....i might be the first to have seen it , you never know...lol

Who knows, if your the first to see the second core, maybe it would be comet 8 1/2pCoolahan....:biggrin:

Hi HP

I like the images, very crisp and plenty of detail, it's nice to see others using monochrome. Sometimes you just can't portray the same atmosphere in an image with colour, especially the horsehead. A lot of my imaging is now going to be done with monochrome + Ha filter (everybody should have one of these in their equipment)

All the best

Gordon

:woot:

thanks Gordon, i do like the b/w images better sometimes , but on this occasion i was too hurried to bother with the filter wheel.

I think i might try some b/w with the canon 400d next to see how they come out.

Cheers

Patrick

Howdy Hp.

Just curious, what are you using to gain the 3.3 reduction on your scope...I know Meade offer's a 3.3 focal reducer, in fact it's the only 3.3 reducer I've seen anyone offering. Their kit looks like it comes with some 'other stuff', but Meade doesn't state what the 'other stuff', is.

Howdy Hp.

Just curious, what are you using to gain the 3.3 reduction on your scope...I know Meade offer's a 3.3 focal reducer, in fact it's the only 3.3 reducer I've seen anyone offering. Their kit looks like it comes with some 'other stuff', but Meade doesn't state what the 'other stuff', is.

Well Tim , the other stuff they come with is a set of spacer ring , which allow you to vary the reduction from f4 to f3 i think...been a while since i looked it up.:smile:

Cheers

Patrick

Holy cow they are great photos Patrick well done mate.

Phil:bow:

There nothing compared to your images you posted lately ,,,WOW thats some equipment you got there.....if only.........Na the boss wont go for it.:crazy:

Cheers

Patrick